Looking for a career in childcare?
There are 28 Little Owls nurseries across Leeds, and we’re always keen to hear from people who are passionate about working in childcare.
Every day is different when you work in childcare, from bringing fairy tales to life at story time to creating finger paint masterpieces. Our nursery officers and assistants build great relationships with children in their care and support them to learn and grow in confidence.
“Every day is a new adventure and no day is the same. From playing outside finding bears to having a picnic with our friends. There are always new things to learn – for the staff as well as the children!” Janine
What we can offer you
Little Owls nurseries are run by Leeds City Council, and our staff enjoy excellent public sector working conditions, including:
- A generous starting salary
- Sick pay scheme and free counselling support
- A generous pension from West Yorkshire Pension Fund
- 24 days holiday for all-year round posts (pro rata for part time), plus bank holidays.
- Training and continual professional development (monthly training sessions, plus five training days a year)
- Staff discount schemes including an annual discounted travel card, annual cycle to work scheme, discounted Bodyline gym membership, My Staff Shop discounts and discounts from local stores and services.
- Staff are also eligible for the 0-5 staff childcare scheme which gives free childcare for the first month when booking a place at a Little Owls nursery for the first time.
What we need from you
Little Owls is a great place to progress in your childcare career, and many of our assistants move on to become managers. We support staff to learn and progress by offering regular training. All we ask is that our assistants and officers have a level 2 or 3 early years qualification. If you secure a role as an apprentice, we will work with you to achieve this.
“I started working for Little Owls Nurseries eight years ago. I spent three years working as a childcare assistant within the nursery room. When a job opportunity came available to become an assistant manager, I was encouraged and supported to go for it by the team and managers. It was a big change but with all the teaching and role modelling from colleagues, it was the best decision I made.” Rachel
Apply for a job with Little Owls
We have lots of childcare job vacancies currently available at Little Owls nurseries around the city. You can browse the Leeds City Council Recruitment website at https://jobs.leeds.gov.uk
We will be holding a number of drop-in recruitment events at the St John’s Shopping Centre in Leeds city centre throughout June and July.
During these events you will have the opportunity to speak to current Little Owls employees, and apply for any current vacancies with assistance if needed. These events will be held on:
Tuesday 14 June 10-3pm
Wednesday 15 June 10-3pm
Thursday 16 June 10-3pm
Tuesday 21 June 10-3pm
Saturday 25 June 10-2pm
Wednesday 29 June 10-3pm
Friday 1 July 10-3pm
Monday 4 July 10-3pm
Saturday 9 July 10-2pm
Tuesday 12 July 10-3pm
Friday 15 July 10-3pm
Monday 18 July 10-3pm
Wednesday 20 July 10-3pm
Friday 22 July 10-3pm
We also welcome enquiries from anyone interested in working for Little Owls. Call us on 0113 378 4516 to chat to our friendly team about the childcare jobs we offer.